Sub Editor Vacancy @ STV (Glasgow)
Deadline: Not Stated
STV Group Plc is Scotland’s digital media company and pre-eminent media brand, incorporating broadcaster STV; production company, STV Productions; and digital businesses including STV Local and www.stv.tv, Scotland’s most popular commercial website. STV's website - stv.tv - is home to the STV Player and comprehensive news, sport and entertainment services.
To support the continued growth of STV.TV, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Sub Editor, reporting directly to the Editor of STV.TV.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Direct sub-editing of copy, especially in Entertainment and TV sections
- Liaising with editors and designers across News Sport and Entertainment to create and publish daily shouts and puffs.
- Writing and/or publishing articles online when required
In addition you are likely to become involved with:
- Liaising with Development team over CMS systems, recommending and specifying improvements.
- Overseeing accuracy and enforcing house style(s) across stv.tv
- Update and maintain house style book
Skills and experience required:
- A proven track record as a sub editor, preferably in a tabloid, entertainment-driven environment
- Proven experience of using pictures and graphics effectively online
- Demonstrable experience of online publication, including an understanding of SEO and meta-data disciplines.
- Demonstrable experience of using complex multi-media CMS
- Attention to detail, organisation, prioritisation and forward planning skills required to effectively meet deadlines and adapt to a challenging and varied workload.
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in all MS Office applications and an understanding of html and Markdown protocols
- An established user of social networking and community-based forums and have experience of using them to drive traffic.